The PSI Association 1st Anniversary
Time & Location
About the Event
Title: Acoustically Induced Vibration in Process Piping (101)
• Introduction to Acoustic Induced Vibration (AIV)
• History on Acoustic Induced Vibration
• Why is AIV important now more than before?
• Typical sources of AIV
• AIV analysis
• Typical locations of failures
• Mitigations on AIV
• Future of AIV (codes, etc.)
Dr. Yuqing Liu, PE, PhD:
• Dr. Yuqing Liu is a senior pipe stress and vibration specialist working for Bechtel Oil, Gas, and Chemical located in Houston, TX, USA. He holds a Ph.D, professional engineer license and serves as code committee in ASME boiler and pressure vessel code (BPVC). He has more than 15 years of experience in pipe stress analysis, vibration analysis, thermal transient analysis, and nuclear class 1 analysis. He has one patent and several ASME PVP papers.
Matt Jaouhari, PE, PMP:
• Matt Jaouhari is a Functional Manager of Pipe Stress Engineering for Bechtel Oil, Gas and Chemicals located in Houston, TX, USA. He is a Bechtel Distinguished Engineer in the area of pipe stress and vibration, hold a bachelor of process piping, professional engineering license and serves as a code committee member of ASME B31.3 subgroup “Design” and a functional piping team member of Process Industry Practice (PIP). He has two patents and several ASME publications.